Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Which header for a JRSC Z6

  1. #1
    Inactive Member cnyej1's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 9th, 2005
    Posts
    52
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I figured that this board was small and moved pretty slow, but after 10 views i thought I would get at least one opinion. [img]eek.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Jaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 13th, 2004
    Posts
    46
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Kamikazee

  3. #3
    Inactive Member cnyej1's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 9th, 2005
    Posts
    52
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    I just bought a JRSC for my 94 Z6 EX and I have a J's STyle intake along with a Greddy EVO exhaust, Im just curious what my best bet would be for a header. Also are there alot of you guys tuned with Uber? Im looking to do that and probably will run DSM 450's is there anything that i should be looking into other than that? Im new to this F/I stuff and I searched H-T for awhile and didnt see much. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Tad3d's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 24th, 2004
    Posts
    162
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    it was established long ago that the kamikaze ist he header to get for a jrsc car.

    and yes this board is slow,
    but getting huffy after only 10 views is overboard.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member cnyej1's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 9th, 2005
    Posts
    52
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    That wasnt me getting huffy, i was just suprised.... hehe Im just used to Ht when there are a million answers or comments shot to you every 30 seconds. [img]wink.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

    So do I want the Kamikaze with a 2.5 downpipe?

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ January 11, 2005 01:42 AM: Message edited by: cnyej1 ]</font>

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member JRCivic's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2000
    Posts
    3,835
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Thumbs up

    I am one of the few... however, I totally disagree with the masses here who believe the Kazi is the best choice for an affordable header. I have tuned LOTS of cars, and to this day, I have seen NO definitive proof that the Kazi is any better than the DC Sports header... and since the DC is available in a "one-piece" design, the QUALITY of the DC is vastly superior. Many Kazi owners complain incassantly about the constant gasket leaks at the A-B junction.

    Sorry it took two days for me to reply... I was playing N64 with my Grandson last night.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Tad3d's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 24th, 2004
    Posts
    162
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    yeah i've read quite a few posts about people replacing gasket after gasket after gasket with the kazi header.

    personally i'm running the stock header so wtf [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    hey can you gain anything by porting out the stock header?
    i've got another one lying around I might as well monkey with.

  8. #8
    Senior Hostboard Member JRCivic's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2000
    Posts
    3,835
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You will gain the incredible satisfaction that you did it all by yourself... nothing more.

    heheheheh

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Jaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 13th, 2004
    Posts
    46
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've had no trouble with my Kazi gaskets. I however took a little extra caution when installing it. I used new fasteners (I bought it used) and put a small bead of Permatex Ultra Copper on both sides of the gasket, let it dry for 30 minutes, and then bolted it together. This is also what I have been using for header/head interface gaskets for the last 5-6 years, and I've never had a leak.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member cnyej1's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 9th, 2005
    Posts
    52
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Has anyone used a Bisi header on thier SOHC?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •